May 5, 2017: Whale Watching
It’s time to sign up for the Whale Watching Trip! International students attending VSB secondary schools are invited to a 1-day trip to travel the Gulf & San Juan Islands on Friday, May 5, 2017. Click HERE to download the poster.
Cost: $119 per student (payable by VISA/Mastercard)
Description: Travel with your DC Student Adventure Guide from Eric Hamber School to the picturesque West Coast fishing village of historic Steveston to board your vessel to begin your 3 to 5 hour whale watching adventure! You'll travel through the Gulf and San Juan Islands dependent on weather. On this whale watching tour you have the opportunity to see Southern Killer Whales, Transient Killer Whales, majestic Humpback Whales and other marine life such as porpoises, sea lions and bald eagles. On board you'll be able to speak to a professional wildlife guide.
• Roundtrip transportation
• Whale Watching tour departing from Steveston, BC *type of boat will vary depending on final number of passengers
• Experienced, friendly and fun Tour Guide
• Professional Wildlife Guide on board the boat
Be prepared for the weather, dress warmly, bring layered clothing. It's always colder on the water.
Bring a packed lunch – remember, you may be out on the boat for up to 5 hours.
Bring sunglasses, sunscreen and your camera.
Running shoes are recommended
10:00am Meet at Eric Hamber Secondary School, 5025 Willow Street, Vancouver
10:15am Depart from Eric Hamber Secondary School
11:00am Approximately 11am - 2pm Whale Watching Tour *(weather & sightings will impact the return time and is an estimated time only)
3:00pm Return to Eric Hamber Secondary School *approximate
Registration deadline: April 15, 2017
How To Register for the May 5, 2017 Whale Watching Trip:
- Read the “Important Notes” below
- Fill out the registration form, waiver form, and payment form, by following the steps below.
- Go to http://bit.do/Whalewatching to fill out the registration form and submit it.
- In 1-2 business days, Discover Canada Tours will email you a waiver form to complete. The waiver form, including parent/guardian/custodian signature, must be completed online only.
- Once Discover Canada Tours receives a completed waiver form, they will email you a final link within 1-2 business days to complete the registration process and make payment.
• The registration process is done entirely ONLINE
• The registration process has a few steps and may take several days to complete – don’t wait until the last minute!
• Trip registration is not confirmed until payment is made
• Friday May 5, 2017 is a Pro-D for most schools (school is not in session). Students from Lord Byng, Magee, Tupper do NOT have a pro-D and must be excused from classes to attend the Whale Watching trip. These students must fill out a VSB Consent form emailed to them by the International Education office upon registration and payment for the trip.
• There are NO refunds
• Late registrations will NOT be accepted – registration deadline is April 15, 2017
Questions? Contact Lara Truong at firstname.lastname@example.org or see your international student advisor